‘Land of high passes’ is how many adventure enthusiasts know the remote and sparsely populated region of Ladakh. Snuggled amid the Karakoram and Great Himalaya ranges, the region is crisscrossed with motorable roads that run along with your adrenaline rush on a road trip to Ladakh. Which is one major reason, that every traveler dreams to kick the dust-up, don a leather jacket and take on a motorbike trip to Ladakh.
With the onset of July, Ladakh welcomes travelers and insists them to stay till the sublime autumn. Offering you the kind of experience that is packed with unlimited gripping adventure is our Ladakh Bike Trip 2019. This 9 nights and 10 days itinerary, begins from Manali and takes you around the famous attractions namely Jispa, Sarchu, Khardung La, Leh, and Pangong Lake. Get ready to set new goals with this Leh Ladakh bike tour and achieve another tick off from your bucket list.
- Manali – Srinagar
- Duration : 11 days
- Difficulty : Easy – Medium
- Start / Finish : Manali/srinagr
- Group Size : 15-20
- Dates : August 9th – August 19th,2019 (Manali – Srinagar)
Day 0: Arrival at Delhi Today
We start our dream trip! You’ll be meeting our representative in Delhi at the bus pickup point. We travel overnight in an AC Volvo from Delhi to Manali. Tomorrow, you’ll wake up to the fresh lush greens and mesmerizing mountains in the Land of Gods – Himachal Pradesh.
DAY 01: Stay in Manali
Upon arrival in Manali, we check in to our hotels and gear up for exploring the beautiful city!In the evening, our tour manager will brief you about the various safety measures, riding tips, and gear checkups. The group would have an opportunity to get acquainted with the fellow riders at dinner time. Overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 02: Manali To Jispa
After Breakfast, we will start our Ladakh bike trip journey! We will ride across our first pass- the Rohtang Pass at 13,058ft. as we continue our journey towards Jispa. We will ride for an approximate 140 Kms via Chandra Valley before we reach our destination. Overnight stay at our campsite in Jispa.
DAY 03: Jispa To Sarchu
Today’s ride will be a short one comprising of only 80 km. Enroute Sarchu, we will visit Suraj Tal and Deepak Tal. We will also cross the famous Baralacha Pass located at 16,616ft. which connects Lahaul district in Himachal Pradesh to Ladakh in Jammu & Kashmir. Upon arrival,we would settle down in our campsite taking in the beauty of our starting point in Ladakh and revamp for our long ride tomorrow.
DAY 04: Sarchu To Tsomoriri
After an early breakfast, we will start the longest journey of our trip. Enroute, we would be visiting the Tsokar lake(salted lake), Mori plains (a 50 Km straight road), Gata loops (21 hair pin bends), Lachungla (16.600ft) and Nakila Pass (15,548ft). Overnight stay at the campsite.
DAY 05: Tsomoriri To Hanle
On our way, we will ride We will start our journey to Hanle after a sumptuous breakfast. Hanle is a small village housing a mere 200 families. The village has recently been opened for tourists and travellers. Hanle is also decorated with the worldís second highest observatory. On our way, we will ride across Puga and enjoy the beautiful views of the hot springs there. Enroute, we will see changes in landscape and watch the mountains change hue in the most brilliant way possible. The night sky view in Hanle seems almost unreal as one can see the Galaxy with naked eyes. In the night you can see the Galaxy with naked eyes. We sum up the day after a hearty meal and retreat in the cozy homestay.
DAY 06: Hanle To Pangong Tso
We begin our ride towards the spellbinding Pangong Tso post breakfast. The journey will make us witness a fun-filled offroading journey taking us through Maan, Merak, and Chushul.we will stop at the Rezang-La 1962 Indo-China War Memorial to pay homage to the Martyrs and continue our ride. Overnight Stay at our campsite located near the beautiful Pangong Lake.
DAY 07: Pangong Tso To Nubra Valley
Post breakfast, taking the unexplored and untouched Shyok village route, we proceed towards Nubra Valley. This route is famous for its waterfalls, and the beautiful scenic view.Enroute, we will visit the Diskit Monastery and the alluring Sand Dunes (cold Desert) where you can ride the famous Double humped camels. A sumptuous dinner with a chit-chat session amidst the beautiful mountains would bring an end to the day.
DAY 08: Nubra Valley To Leh
\Today, we will ride past the highest accessible motorable pass in the world – Khardungla at 18,380 ft. We would witness the change of landscape as we keep proceeding on this route.Upon arrival in Leh, we settle down in our hotel. You can then explore the Local market and places.
DAY 09: Leh To Kargil
Post breakfast, we will start our ride to Kargil. We will visit Lamayuru, one of the oldest Monastery of Ladakh, on the way and enjoy the view of the Moon Landscape. Other pitstops would include a visit to the Magnetic Hill, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara, and Hall of Fame museum. We will be crossing the Photulla and Namik La as well on this route. Reach Kargil by Evening and overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 10: Kargil to Sonamarg
After breakfast, we proceed towards Sonmarg. This stretch would be the last day of bike riding for our wonderful journey.Enroute, we will cross the famous Zojila pass, Drass village (2nd coldest inhabited place in the world), and have a magnificent view of the famous peaks of the Kargil war (Tiger, Tololing) from the Vijay war memorial Hall. We should reach Sonamarg by evening, followed by an overnight stay.
DAY 11: Departure
We bid farewell to this wonderful trip and proceed towards the Srinagar airport via local shuttle cabs/bus. Time to get back to the routine with a bag full of happy memories and stories for a lifetime!
- Package cost: – INR 44,999/- per person (One Bike One rider package)
- Package cost: – INR 35,999/- per person (One Bike Two rider package)
- Rohith, Trip Organizer – 9676722155
- ClimbOn Event Co-ordinators: Gaurav – 9592106970, Shiva – 9505558881
- Accommodation on Double/Triple sharing basis as per itinerary in hotels/camps mentioned or similar. (Double sharing only for couples)
- Daily Breakfast and Dinner.
- Royal Enfield 500cc including petrol only use for as per itinerary
- Dedicated tour guide and group leaders.
- Back up vehicle and mechanics.
- Manali to Delhi Transfer By Volvo.
- An oxygen cylinder 24×7 in the backup vehicle in case of emergency.
- All drives, sightseeing and excursions as per the itinerary .
- Meals which are not mentioned in inclusion.
- Any Travel expense to Delhi/Srinagar and Back.
- Any personal expenses like laundry, telephone bills, tips etc.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks etc (to be borne by the participant directly on the spot.
- Tip to Driver and tour escort person.
- Any other item which is not specified under cost inclusions.
- Any entrance fee to the monastery and monuments.
Things to carry:
- Backpack with rain cover(40-60lts)
- Daypack/Knapsack ñ Optional
- Poncho/Waterproof jacket
- Shoes High ankle length(Get a pair and break-in well in advance that you don’t face any sores/blisters once you are on mountains)
- Regular cotton Tees and Track Pants/Jeans
- Few pair of sports Socks and 1 pair of woolen
- Full Sleeve Sweater or Multipurpose Jacket
- Windproof Jacket
- Warm inners/Thermals
- Sun Cap
- Woolen gloves
- One Scarf/Balclava
- Quick dry towel/Light towel
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+)
- Water Bottle 2 x 1 Lt ñ good quality plastic bottle
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
- Personal Medicine Kit ñ
- General medicines comprising of headache, fever, vomiting, stomach upset and pain killer
- Anti Diarrhoearal
- Anti-inflammatory -Nurofen or diclofenac sodium
- UV Sunglasses/Polarised Sunglasses (eye covered)
- Riding gloves, Arm guard, Knee guard
- CAMERA with huge memory card and fully charged with extra batteries.
- Extra Polythene bags.
- Govt. Id and a copy of your itinerary
- Dry fruits/Energy bars/Chocolates