Ride to Gandikota “The Hidden Grand Canyon of India”
If you have ever visited America’s famous Grand Canyon in Colorado River, Gandikota, the Grand Canyon of India would remind you of that again. It is no lesser than “The Grand Canyon” in providing you the excitement of nature’s beauty. It is situated near Jammalamagudu in Erramalai hills on the right bank of the river Pennar in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh.
It is appx 350 Kms from Hyderabad. To most of the travelers, it is still a hidden and unexplored place. Gandikota gets its name from the word ‘Gandi’ which means gorge and kota means fort in Telugu. There is a fort located right at the edge of this gorge. The gorge formation is such that the Pennar River flows about 90 metres below on the western and northern sides. The Valley has a beautiful landscape and lush forests, and is blessed with many natural resources. Trekking in the valley and experience the wild beauty of nature is very mesmerizing.
# Guys, please share your mobile number with us either through an option in the answer section inside the RSVP link (preferred) or messages it to the organizers. Your contact details will be visible to the organizers only.
Meet-up point: 5:00 AM on at Mehdipatnam Morine Bakery
Mode of transport: Bike/Car. We will coordinate with other members for Bike/Car pooling, if required.
Day 1 (Saturday):
04:30AM : At meet Up point. We will start from Hyderabad at sharp 04:45 am.
01:00 PM -Reach Yaganti Temple, Swim and have lunch.
05:00 PM -Reach Gandikota, watch Sunset arrange food supplies and forest exploration.
08:00 pm -Halt and pitch tents for overnight camping at suitable place having amazing landscape.
09:00 PM- 1:00 AM – Night campfire cooking.
Day 2 (Sunday)
05:00 AM – Good morning
06:00 AM – 01 PM – Visit the Gandikota fort, trek down till the river, Belum caves. We may also do climbing/scrambling, if time allows.
01:00 PM – Lunch and vote of thanks, start back to hyderabad. We will stop for a tea break on the way.
9:00 PM – Hello Hyderabad
*We may have a little variation in the plan, based on the situations.
Trekking outfit and a few things to bring:
· One full length track pant or loose trouser (avoid Jeans); Two T-shirts – No bright colored.
· A rucksack or a hiking bag to keep all the things with a sleeping bag or a bed-sheet/ blanket.
· Trekking or sport shoes used at least ones with 2 pairs of socks.
· Toiletries (Brush, tooth paste, soap, shampoo etc).
· Hat or cap, sun screen/sun glasses.
· At-least 3 water bottles.
· Electrol /glucose/energy bars/chocolates etc.
· Torch or headlight with extra spare batteries.
· Any medications physician prescribed.
· No smoking, alcohol, littering, and no pollution of water.
· Girls and boys accommodation in separate tents
· Food will be mostly vegetarian
· We carry basic First Aid; if you need anything you can ask the organizers.
· This is not a luxury trip, but utmost care will be taken to make your trip comfortable
Tariff: INR Rs 1000/- ( per head which includes one dinner and breakfast, club fees, stay in tents, expertise, supervision, Cave entrance tickets and Organizer reimbursement). More or less will be shared.
Exclusions: Transport (Car/Bike pooling in case we all have sufficient cars) not included in the club fund. We can share it accordingly. In case, we do not have sufficient cars with participants, we will hire a Bus and will share the charges.
NOTE : only bikes above 150cc with excellent condition and capable of doing good speed with min of 60-80km per/hr
For any more questions, please reach out to the organizers of the event.
Call / WhatsApp
Sasi : 8885241042